Quote from the Book “Times of Refreshing by J. Edwin Orr 1936 pg.66
In the Evangelical camp itself there is good cooperation between people of various denomination (because of the gospel), but there is also petty jealousy between some leaders, breaches which are known to the majority of Christian people, which hinder and hurt the work of God. Why they occur one cannot say.
But if the parties concerned were anxious for an awakening, they would not hesitate to proclaim aloud their unity instead of allowing their disunity to be whispered around.
I declare that the Independent Baptist Movement has the same problem, If we are going to see real genuine revival in our lifetime we must see a uniting of the different parties of our Independent Baptist Movement.
Things that could happen to see real revival in the Independent Baptist movement!
1. Pastors who fellowship and pray together will understand that we are all working for the same thing "The Gospel" We will see great things happen.
2. It starts by encourage each other and attend each others meetings and encourage your churches to as well.
3. Have united Revival meeting together. Illustrate: If there are churches in driving distance support who ever is having revival and this will bring a spirit of expectancy and visible results. It will cause your people to not feel like they are the only one out there.
4. We must lay aside our petty (not doctrinal) differences for the gospel sake and revival. ILL. What happened in the Burlington Revival was a result of one church praying for revival for 15 years and then it grew to including other churches, resulting in a revival of over 3,000 plus with many saved and revived.
5. We must not be jealous of other preachers, churches, colleges or others that don't necessarily agree with us on everything and who may have great ideas that we didn't think of. more to come.... DDK The IBM has it's differences 1. Music 2. Standards 3. Bible Versions Some criticize for being to strict (LEGALISTIC) Some Criticize for being to loose (COMPROMISING)
What is the balance? A false balance is an abomination but a just weight is his delight Proverbs 11:1
Work with those that are of like faith and practice but let's be careful about doing nothing to get the gospel out collectively. Two are better than one. There is strength in numbers.
When you think of some of the apparent leaders of the Independent Baptist Churches in America they are dividing us not strengthening us. The result: Turning the young preachers off and sending them away. It is hurting the Gospel.
In my life time, I have never seen the IBM more divided. It is shrinking. We should be in the state of Revival working together to get the gospel out and seeing miracles of lives won! - DDK Things we can do together - Prayer meetings, Tent & City-wide Crusades, Church Planting, Gospel Distribution, Revival meeting