Evangelist Dan & Anne Marie
God power in our meetings
My Brother Tom and I are writing a book together on
"THE ART OF TAKING AN ESTABLISHED CHURCH"
Pray that it will be a real help!
Things to pray about..
Safety in our travels
Finances for treatments
Meetings of God's choosing!
52 Weeks of Challenging Opportunities for 2017
(Check them off as you begin to complete them)
1. Daily Devotions
2. Family Devotions
3. De-Stress through planning and organization
4. Take a Media Fast
5. Guard your eyes
6. Confess your faults immediately
7. Set up a specific prayer list
8. Take time to memorize some scripture
9. Contact with missionaries to encourage them
10. Show concern for those that are absent from church
11. Bring someone to church
12. (Purge Day) Get rid of clutter
13. Day of Fasting
14. Remove any idols in your life
15. Give to missions
16. Tithe faithfully
17. Be sure your language is godly
18.Don’t be a slave to your flesh
19. Make it a point to serve others
20. Say yes to anything the Lord asks
21. List 50 blessing you have received from the Lord
22. Carry Tracts
23. No Gossip
24. Forgive anyone that hurts you
25. Manage your debt
26. Improve your marriage (Date Night)
27. Sit toward the front of the church.
28. Visit shut-ins.
29. Read Biographies.
30. Study a Biblical topic you know nothing about.
31. Determine an area where you are limiting God.
32. Show your parents your love.
33. Do something special for those in need.
34. Remove all rebellion toward authority in your life.
35. Disciple someone that has been recently saved.
36. Encourage your pastor, his wife and children.
37. Do a special project for your church.
38. Go soul-winning.
39. Be at church on time.
40.Break any bad habits.
41. Contact those that have been a blessing to you down through the years.
42. Learn to defend your faith
43.Encourage someone that is down
44. Do something to make a difference in our nation
45. Do something to make a difference in your community
46. Visit a mission field
47.Spend time with your family
48. Don’t allow anyone to cause division
49. Smile and be happy in Jesus
50. Stay single focused
51. Be balanced
52.Expect great things to happen in your life
given by Pastor Housley revised by Dan Knickerbocker
We just finished three great meetings in Texas!
Five come to trust Christ!
What a delight to see 4 grandchildren saved. The grandmother said she had lived a rough life, had married the wrong man and had so many regrets but through her Pastor she had come to church and was saved and now her grandchildren were saved.
The 20 year old young lady is a faithful attender and worked in the nursery. On Sunday school she was in the nursery and missed the morning service so it was recorded and she and her parents listened to it on their way home. She was brought under conviction that she was not saved. They turned the truck around and came back to the church and in tears trusted Christ as he Savior. She went from tears of sorrow to joy. She could wait to get home and call some friends to let them know she had been saved.
Knickerbocker Reunion in November
I am helping a few churches find a Pastor. If you know of any men that are looking for a church or looking for church staff, please go to my website revivalministries.net .
So thankful for God's blessing,
Dan & Anne Marie Knickerbocker
Go to ABOUT for future meetings!
What about the Independent Baptist Movement?
Quote from the Book “Times of Refreshing
by J. Edwin Orr 1936 pg.66
In the Evangelical camp itself there is good cooperation between people of various denomination (because of the gospel), but there is also petty jealousy between some leaders, breaches which are known to the majority of Christian people, which hinder and hurt the work of God. Why they occur one cannot say.
But if the parties concerned were anxious for an awakening, they would not hesitate to proclaim aloud their unity instead of allowing their disunity to be whispered around.
I declare that the Independent Baptist Movement has the same problem, If we are going to see real genuine revival in our lifetime we must see a uniting of the different parties of our Independent Baptist Movement.
Things that could happen to see real revival in
the Independent Baptist movement!
1. Pastors who fellowship and pray together will understand that we are all working for the same thing "The Gospel" We will see great things happen.
2. It starts by encourage each other and attend each others meetings and encourage your churches to as well.
3. Have united Revival meeting together.
Illustrate: If there are churches in driving distance support who ever is having revival and this will bring a spirit of expectancy and visible results.
It will cause your people to not feel like they are the only one out there.
4. We must lay aside our petty (not doctrinal) differences for the gospel sake and revival.
ILL. What happened in the Burlington Revival was a result of one church praying for revival for 15 years and then it grew to including other churches, resulting in a revival of over 3,000 plus with many saved and revived.
5. We must not be jealous of other preachers, churches, colleges or others that don't necessarily agree with us on everything and who may have great ideas that we didn't think of. more to come....
The IBM has it's differences
3. Bible Versions
Some criticize for being to strict (LEGALISTIC)
Some Criticize for being to loose (COMPROMISING)
What is the balance? Work with those that are of like faith but let's be careful about doing nothing to get the gospel out collectively. Two are better than one. There is strength in numbers.
When you think of some of the apparent leaders of the Independent Baptist Churches in America they are dividing us not strengthening us.
The result: Turning the young preachers off and sending them away. It is hurting the Gospel.
In my life time, I have never seen the IBM more divided. It is shrinking. We should be in the state of Revival working together to get the gospel out and seeing miracles of lives won! - DDK
Using your testimony to
witness for Christ!
Where were you when you got saved? Sitting in a rocking chair In the living room of our cottage on Round Lake in Sonora, NY
Who led you to Christ? My father said to me. "I see no evidence that you are saved." I thought, I see no evidence either. I got my Bible and led myself to Salvation in Jesus Christ.
If you don't remember where u were and you can't remember anyone helping you to see your need of salvation I would seriously ask myself the question, Am I Saved?
In the book of Act 18:4-5 God gives the only plan for reaching the souls of men for Jesus Christ.
We are to be pressed(led) in the Spirit to...
1. Reason with people - we must get people lost so they can be saved, most people know little to nothing of their condition before God. You may need to go back to Genesis to show them the fall of man and their need for a Saviour.
2. Persuade people - knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men. It is either heaven or hell for eternity and they need to be encouraged to make a decision for Christ before it is to eternally to late.
3. Testify to people- give your testimony how you ...
1.Realize you were a sinner, lost and in need of the Savior, Jesus. Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life no man cometh to the Father but by me.
2. Repent of your sins ,by having a godly sorrow for sin, asking the Lord Jesus to forgive you.
3. Receive Jesus into your life by faith. Asking him to save your soul for eternity and become Lord of your life.
4. Rejoice that what he had promised he would also preform.
He is there to lead, guide and direct you by His Spirit in your new life in Christ
Often in my witnessing I will ask the person who has just told me they are a Baptist or Catholic or Methodist, Are you a saved Baptist or a lost Baptist? If they are saved they will answer immediately, affirming they are saved.
If they are not, they won't understand what your saying. This immediately helps you to know how to give them the gospel.
It is important to carry tracts so you can leave them with the message of Salvation. A man who picked up a tract in a Deli, while hiking on a Sunday morning, put the tract in his dresser drawer and two years later was cleaning out the drawer, came to our church. After visiting with him on two occasions He accepted Jesus Christ!
What should happen after you receive Christ?
Follow the Lord in believers baptism
Join a good Bible believing church
Get involved in sharing your faith with others so they can enjoy Christ as their Saviour too!
Pray for your Pastor
Every great movement God can be traced
to a kneeling figure. D. L. Moody
Neglect of private prayer is the locust which
devours the strength of the Church. CHS
Look well to the fire of your Souls , for the tendency of the fire
is to go out. Wm Booth
PERSONAL LIFE AND FAMILY
Day 1 Devotion - to take adequate time with wife and children
Day 2 Protection - for a hedge physically, emotionally and spiritually
Day 3 Blessing - that God would meet his needs, bless him and he in return to the same for others
Day 4 Desire - ask God o give him a greater desire for the word of God
Day 5 Submission - to keep his desires submissive to the ill of God
Day 6 Christlikeness - In spirit in action and service
Day 7 Love - A deeper love and study of the Bible
Day 8 Prayer - to maintain a Specific Daily Prayer Plan and record answers
Day 9 Victory - over the temptations of the World, the flesh and the Devil
Day 10 Endurance - to endure testings and remain faith in those testings
Day 11 Unction - tp preach with a touch from Heaven with God's power
Day 12 Boldness - Preach the whole council of God and not avoid difficult topics
Day 13 Insight - that people would be receptive and learn more
Day 14 Evangelism - Desire to do it and train others to train others
Day 15 Disciple - others to love grow and become dedicated to the Lord
Day 16 Vision - God will show him how to impact the community with the gospel
Day 17 Sensitivity - to GOd's guidance and direction
Day 18 Humility - Pure motives and humble spirit
Day 19 Courage - Stand with God in the face of difficulty for God's glory
Day 20 Power- Seek Holy Spirit power
Day 21 Wisdom - Make wise decisions in overseeing church ministries
Day 22 Administration - Effective in leading staff and ministries effectively
Day 23 Integrity - a testimony in the community and a good example
Day 24 Testimony - a visible Christlike testimony everyday
Day 25 Discernment - Maintain holiness and distance himself for the World
Day 26 Readiness -Always be prepared to witness in word and printed page
Day 27 Confidence - To fear God and not man
Day 28 Vitality - energy to accomplish all that needs to take place and serve effectively
Day 29 Strength - Seek to be physically fit so as to work most effectively
Day 30 Encouragement - keep from being discouraged
Day 31 Peace - Distant yourself from gossip, being negative, false expectations and weariness -
by Pastor Paul Mitchell
Wayside Baptist Chesapeake, VA