Where were you when you got saved? Sitting in a rocking chair In the living room of our cottage on Round Lake in Sonora, NY
Who led you to Christ? My father said to me. "I see no evidence that you are saved." I thought, I see no evidence either. I got my Bible and led myself to Salvation in Jesus Christ.
If you don't remember where u were and you can't remember anyone helping you to see your need of salvation I would seriously ask myself the question, Am I Saved?
In the book of Act 18:4-5 God gives the only plan for reaching the souls of men for Jesus Christ.
We are to be pressed(led) in the Spirit to...
1. Reason with people - we must get people lost so they can be saved, most people know little to nothing of their condition before God. You may need to go back to Genesis to show them the fall of man and their need for a Saviour.
2. Persuade people - knowing the terror of the Lord we persuade men. It is either heaven or hell for eternity and they need to be encouraged to make a decision for Christ before it is to eternally to late.
3. Testify to people- give your testimony how you ...
1.Realize you were a sinner, lost and in need of the Savior, Jesus. Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life no man cometh to the Father but by me.
2. Repent of your sins ,by having a godly sorrow for sin, asking the Lord Jesus to forgive you.
3. Receive Jesus into your life by faith. Asking him to save your soul for eternity and become Lord of your life.
4. Rejoice that what he had promised he would also preform.
He is there to lead, guide and direct you by His Spirit in your new life in Christ
Often in my witnessing I will ask the person who has just told me they are a Baptist or Catholic or Methodist, Are you a saved Baptist or a lost Baptist? If they are saved they will answer immediately, affirming they are saved.
If they are not, they won't understand what your saying. This immediately helps you to know how to give them the gospel.
It is important to carry tracts so you can leave them with the message of Salvation. A man who picked up a tract in a Deli, while hiking on a Sunday morning, put the tract in his dresser drawer and two years later was cleaning out the drawer, came to our church. After visiting with him on two occasions He accepted Jesus Christ!
What should happen after you receive Christ?
Follow the Lord in believers baptism
Join a good Bible believing church
Get involved in sharing your faith with others so they can enjoy Christ as their Saviour too!
Quote from the Book “Times of Refreshing