Why don't Independent Baptist work in Teams
Ecclesiastes 2:9 Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour. For if the one fall the other shall lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth for he hath not another to help him up.
Acts 13: 2 The church at Antioch, Separate me Barnabas and Paul for the work whereunto I have called them.
Acts 13:43 Paul and Barnabas persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
Acts 13:47 Paul and Barnabas waxed bold.
Paul and Barnabas, Paul and Silas, Barnabas and John Mark Two by Two. When a Man of God starts a church he often goes on deputation and raises support and heads to a City or Town to start a church. He is alone. there is no encouragement but from people who are not there and don't know what they are going thru. He often is not motivated and there is not organization and accountability. There is a way to accomplish the work of God much quicker if there are two helping each other than one doing it alone. A man of God who is called of God must start asking the Lord to call a couple to work with him in starting a church. We call him the second man, Assistant, a laborer to help and there are many great things that advance growth quickly
1. Two families beginning verses one
2. Young families with children encourage families with children
3. The Assistant can be the treasurer, song leader, usher, help clean, help visit etc.
4. They can visit together, Pray together, Each knows his place and they ask God for a unified spirit.
God help us to get back to Bible principles of Church starting and growth!
D.L. Moody - Ira Sankey
R.A. Torrey - Alexander
Billy Sunday - Rodeheaver
Some of the most long term preachers have started with help!
Why aren't we sending our High School Graduates to foreign fields to Train?
Pick your Choice for the future of the Next Generation Missionary
1. Send your students off to Bible College for 4 years for Bachelors and 1 year for Masters
2. Send them to work in local church for 1 year to gain experience
3. Send them out on Deputation for 3 years to get their support
4. Send them to Language school for 1 year to learn the language
5. Now they can begin being a missionary and starting a church
Total years till they become a missionary 10 years
Plan B ...that almost does not exist.
1. Send them on Missions trips while in High school. God may call them.
2. Have them raise support in their Senior year and leave right after graduation.
3. Send them to work with a recommended Missionary or College in the country where they feel called.
4. They can learn the language in the summer of their first year.
5. Begin their first semester and on weekends be missionaries and help start churches immediately.
Total years till they become a missionary (immediately)
I know this would not apply to some but to serious students that have had local church experience throughout their high school years could fit into this kind of setting.
9/3/2021 07:57:25 pm
Leave a Reply.
Dr. Dan Knickerbocker pastored for 23 years, and has been an evangelist full time for over 20 years.